Every where you look, swordfish here in Hawaii is like the salmon of the Northwest, but better. It’s quite inexpensive and abundant. Back home in Austin, I couldn’t resist and make a dish.
Broiled Swordfish With Moroccan Flavors
By September 29, 2011Published:
- Yield: 2 (2 Servings)
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Ready In: 2 hrs 40 mins
I surprised myself with this recipe. It was so delicate the flavor and the swordfish was extremely juicy. My Hawaii trip taught me well.
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro minced
- 1/4 cup onions minced (substituted with 5 garlic cloves, since I didn't have onion on hand)
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 swordfish steaks about 1 lbs worth
- Rinse swordfish, pat dry, and cut into 1 to 1 1/2 inch cubes
- Stir the remaining ingredients to make a paste add the fish and toss to coat well. Refrigerate for up to 2 hours
- Heat up the broiler
- Skewer w/ 4-5 pieces per skewer.
- Place in broiler. Turn occasionally, 8-10 minutes total.